I started this blog in 2008. Later on I reached out to the book blog- and sf-community asking if anyone would like to start a SF-book circle with me.
Best. Move. Ever.
I ended up meeting my best friend Frida, who's also my co-blogger 'Farraw'. We formed a book circle with some other guys, and someone mentioned this big conference happening in Stockholm in juni 2011; Eurocon. So, I went, checked it out, absolutely loved it and was completely bitten by the fandom bug.
The next year I went to Kontrast, Swecon 2012, and after that me and a friend started Malmöfandom, which now is a fairly big group with regular pub meetings, writer circles, book circles and the occasional sf-convention. I'm still shocked to have been able to be apart of creating this Malmö-group. I just love how easy it is to make people come together nowadays.
When I'm not blogging, going to sf-conventions, reading, watching tv-series or playing board games, I'm working full time as a personal administrator.
Facts about Fia:
1) I'm a crazy cat lady, and have two cats named Aska and Sota. They are 11 years old.
2) I'm hard of hearing, and have hearing aids in both ears.
3) My favourite films are Inception, Mad Max Fury Road and Star Trek The Voyage Home.
4) Favourite writers are Connie Willis, Nene Ormes, Karin Tidbeck, Kristina Hård, Neil Gaiman, George RR Martin and Robert A. Heinlein. (Among others.)
5) I'm currently (since 1998) working on a master piece sf book that will never ever, ever be published.
6) If I were to move to another country, I would love to live in Scotland.
7) Am often told I look like Scarlett Johanson. I can live with this. ;)
Post a Comment